Monday 5 February 2007

MVP?!

Mmmm... Today, I'm feeling like shit... but it's a good type of shit :)

Weird way to start, I know, but it could be something to do with the fact that we won(yes, as hard to believe as it is) yesterdays match 30-0 against Lincoln Yesterday(woop!). Rich got his first pass Touchdown, Matt, Tait and Wareing got the TD's(or conversions... I think that was everyone...), Quinno managed to tackle the ball carrier(in his first match, as well!) and Ducky caught an amazing pass!!! I managed to get 2 sacks to their QB, played the whole game without feeling tired (weird... o.O). Legs kill now though, but you gotta love the feeling of adrenalin(natures painkiller and power source) when it kicks in during a game :).

Still need a lot of practice though, as I made a whole load of mistakes, but I somehow managed to stay on my feet a lot more than usual. I could have sworn some weird force was keeping me up through the match as I was sent flying many times, but I somehow ended up on my legs as opposed to my ass(or on my face) and vaguely facing the direction of the ball...

The coach ride home was weird too! Everyone was surprisingly chilled compared to Teeside (where we lost), no random singing... It's probably because everyone was tired, I know I couldn't think of anything but sleep when I sat down(one of the disadvantages of giving your heart and soul to a game, I guess).

Afterwards, most of us went for drinks at Sanctuary(Student bar of champions) for awards and things. I somehow got awarded MVP(Most Valuable Player of the Match), along with Jay Jay and GP... Just how the hell that happened I have not a clue, especially seeing as all my team mates did so much better then I did(!!!). Beginning to think that MVP stands for "Most Valuable Pretender", seeing as I've only started this sport like 4-5 months ago and get confused half the time (usually leading to me f**king up...).


It was superbowl night too(Woo! -cheers for a game he barely understands-), and the team got invited to a lock-in with the hornets. Everyone was brimming with excitement! Big screens, drinks flowing, Colts vs. Bears, American football and a mad cheerleader in GP's pads. The scene was set for one amazing night!

But... Sadly I can't remember most of it... Spent my time trying to watch the game, but being stupidly drained, I practically fell asleep and missed most of the 1st and 2nd quarters :(. Left halfway, but I can still remember what (very little) of the game I saw. The amazing opening Kickoff Return TD for the bears(Ducky won the sweepstakes because of this!) and some of the stupidly amazing runs by both teams running backs! I left at half-time, and somehow stumbled home.

Anyhoo... Got labs to go to(yay =/). Until the next time, take care.

No comments: